Human Resource Management (HRM) is an essential function that focuses on the recruitment, development and remuneration of the people who work in an organization, amongst building human capabilities. With the effort to professionalize HR, HR students, professionals and practitioners will increasingly be expected to become enablers of human capital growth and play a crucial role in the acquisition of talent in support of business goals. As companies move towards a manpower-focused model, HR will have to find ways to manage employees and develop them to their fullest potential in order to optimize performance.
The Specialist Diploma in Human Resource Management programme offers a deepening of HR knowledge and skills to working professionals and those aspiring to enter into the profession/industry. This programme seeks to provide opportunities for adult learners who are either currently holding HR jobs or have little or no related work experience or would like to consider a future HR career progression or option. Modules taught in this programme will enable participants to play the role of a human resource business partner, crucial in contributing to the success of the organization in today’s business environment.
The course aims to:
- Enable participants to acquire sufficient breadth of knowledge, deeper insights and greater understanding of Human Resource Management (HRM) today.
- Provide participants with a structured training for personal and career development and job knowledge in human resource management.
- Understanding Human Psychology [16 Hours]
- Individual differences
- Groups & Teams
- What is Human Resource Management? [16 Hours]
- Evolution from Personnel Management to Human Resource Management
- Human Resource Strategy & Planning
- Human Resource Business Partnering
- Recruitment and Selection [16 Hours]
- Occupational Analysis, Job Analysis and Job Description
- Manpower Planning & Staffing
- Selection and Hiring
- Learning and Development [16 Hours]
- On-the-Job Training and Induction
- Performance Management
- Competency & Training
- Rewards [16 Hours]
- Job Evaluation
- Compensation and Benefits
- Industrial Relations [16 Hours]
- Collective Bargaining & Negotiation
- Disputes & Conflict Resolution
- Employment Law
Who Should Attend?
- HR professionals who would like to enhance their employability, capabilities and market value.
- Working professionals who would like to consider a future HR career progression or option.
Course Delivery Methods and Assessment
- The course will be delivered using a blended learning approach that combines lectures, tutorials, individual and group research projects and case study-based learning.
- Course assessment will consist of continuous assessment in the form of written assignment, reading, case studies, project exercises and end-of-course examinations.
Twice a month session for 6 months conducted over 8 hours with a total of 96 hours.
*Diploma to be awarded by Wisdom Academy, the training arm of Wisdom International Group Pte Ltd, a strategic partner of Economic Growth Centre@Nanyang Technological University in partnership with Human Resource Educators’ Association of the Philippines, Inc.